I saw this on Facebook, and I needed to share here. We will not lose. Please share.
Hey activist friends: despite the headlines, you are making a difference. In the words of #Banksy: “If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit.”For everyone who DID something, small or big, your efforts have been successful. Because of you:
1. Federal hiring freeze is reversed for VA (#VeteranAffairs).
2. Court ordered partial stay of the immigration ban for those with valid visas.
3. #Greencard holders can get back in country.
4. #Uber pledges $3M and immigration lawyers for its drivers after #DeleteUber trends on Twitter.
5. #Obamacare (Affordable Care Act) enrollment ads are still going to air. #ACA
6. The #ACLU raised 24M over the weekend (normally 3-4Mil/year).
7. HHS, EPA, #USDA gag order lifted.
8. #EPA climate data no longer scrubbed from website.
9. More people of different career/religious/economic/race backgrounds are considering running for political office than ever before.
10. MOST importantly, since we live in a participatory democracy, the people are engaged.
While more is needed, sometimes you have to celebrate your wins. Stay vigilant, but also take self care seriously. Activist burnout is a thing, as is protest fatigue. Marathon, don’t sprint. #RESIST